In Citizenship, Inadmissibilities

US military personal have sometimes been posted around the world taking them directly into conflict areas in foreign jurisdictions. If such a military person is now seeking immigration to Canada, exactly how does he or she obtain a criminal security check from that country to satisfy the requirement of the Canadian immigration authorities?

IRCC will accept a copy of the military record of that person in place of a police clearance for every country outside the USA. The usual FBI criminal clearance certificate is also needed, but it makes qualifying for Canadian immigration much easier when the criminal security checks from certain conflict areas are extremely difficult to get.

In order to apply for a US Military police record, click on the link in order to obtain instructions. You can mail or fax the application to the following addresses:

NPRC Mailing Address:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138
F: 314-801-9195

An Associate of

Crease Harman LLP