Below is a slide from a presentation that Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) gave on July 26th in Ottawa.
- In May, 2016, about 57,500 foreign nationals were active candidates in the pool.
- As of May 2016, a total of 44,062 invitations have been issued to foreign nationals:
- Mix of Provincial Nominees (15%), Canadian Experience Class (37%), Federal Skilled Workers (43%), and Federal Skilled Trades (7%).
- 59% of candidates have claimed a job offer or a provincial or territorial nomination.
- Approximately 2% of invitations have gone to candidates who submitted a language test in French for their first official language.
- As of May 2016, almost 22,900 Express Entry candidates or their accompanying family members landed as permanent residents since the launch of Express Entry.