From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Last updated: April 14, 2020
On this page:
- IRCC in-person offices in Canada
- IRCC temporary offices in Canada
- Biometric collection service points
- Visa Application Centres (VACs)
Please check our website frequently to see if there have been changes in our services either for in-person service at offices in Canada or at VACs.
IRCC in-person offices in Canada
IRCC’s offices have cancelled all
- citizenship ceremonies, citizenship tests and retests until further notice
- in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice
- in-person refugee claimant appointments until further notice
IRCC temporary offices in Canada
Our temporary offices are closed until further notice.
Biometric collection service points
Service Canada locations and U.S. Application Support Centres (ASCs) have stopped collecting biometrics until further notice.
Visa Application Centres (VACs)
Most VACs have temporarily closed or are operating with limited hours and services. Check your VAC website before you go.
If your VAC is closed and you need to contact us urgently, use the Web form. Do not go to a visa office.
Until further notice
- Book your appointment online or by contacting the VAC. You can’t book your appointment in-person at a VAC.
- VACs will no longer provide in-person information services. Contact the VAC by phone, email or webchat with any questions.
- Only applicants with biometrics appointments will be allowed to enter VACs.
- Friends and family members will only be allowed to enter the VAC to assist an elderly applicant or an applicant with mobility challenges
- You’ll have to submit or retrieve your passport by mail or courier
- All staff and clients will maintain a safe 1m distance between each other
VACs won’t accept or process paper applications for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit between April 9 and 29, 2020.
You must apply online.