The following is excerpted from the IRCC presentation given on May 1, 2018.
International Student Program Integrity mechanisms
IRCC’s objective is to build a sustainable International Student Program with suitable program integrity measures at the base of their international student’s programs.
Designated Learning Institution (DLI) Portal
- The DLI Portal allows DLIs to submit students’ enrolment statuses for bi-annual and Ad Hoc Verification Compliance Reports.
- The DLI Portal is meant to facilitate the identification of individuals potentially non-compliant with study permit conditions.
Letter of Acceptance Verification Mechanism
- Centralized and standardized student Letter of Acceptance (LoA) verification process to actively prevent fraudulent study permit applications.
What we do with the data
- Evaluate trends and emerging issues
- Share information with partners:
- Ministries of Education
- Application processing networks (domestic and overseas)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Undertake enforcement verification of students who have been reported as non-compliant by their DLI
Compliance Reporting Exercise – Results from Fall 2017 Compliance Reporting Exercise
- 649 total reports generated and sent to DLIs across Canada
- 566 completed and submitted back to IRCC via the DLI Portal